Can MX230 Run God of War PC? 2GB VRAM | Dell Inspiron 5593


                                                                         pic by: Nvidia

As you all know God of War was released on 14th Janaury 2022 in PC, and minimum system requirements needed at least 4GB VRAM to play the game, but some of the AMD APU is able to run God of War without dedicated video memory. So, I tested God of War on my Dell Inspiron 5593 with i5-1035G1 and MX230 (2GB Dedicated Memory). The drawback on this laptop is Thermal Throttling, so I used ThrottleStop to limit my CPU TDP to 14-18W. I also used MSI Afterburner to lock my GPU speed.

Disclaimer: Use ThrottleStop & MSI Afterburner by your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage to your PC.

ThrottleStop Settings:

Main Window Setting


TPL Setting

This is all you need to do in ThrottleStop.


MSI Afterburner Settings:

Just Edit Curve (Ctrl+F)

Increase 800mv to about 1450Mhz. and save it.

How can you run it without much overheating? God of War and PC Settings

As I was not able to change the resolution in-game, First I got into PC display settings and changed the resolution to 1280x720


Now Open God of War, and make these settings (Limit FPS to 30 so you don't feel much shuttering and there won't be much heating for Thermal Throttle).

Under Display Setting, keep these settings:



Under Graphics Setting, keep these settings:


You will get from 24-30FPS, FPS drops only sometimes under heavy surfaces but during fights and things I have got 29-30FPS. Enjoy the game :)
Thanks Sony for making this awesome optimized game.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.